The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V. (Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft) takes the protection of your personal data very seriously. When we process the personal data that is collected during your visits to our website, we always observe the rules laid down in the applicable data protection laws.
In the following sections, we explain what types of data we record when you visit our website, and precisely how they are used.
This site (www.natogva.org) is hosted by
Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.
Fraunhofer Institute for Communication, Information Processing and Ergonomics FKIE
Email: daniel.ota <at> fkie.fraunhofer.de
The data protection officer of Fraunhofer can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org for all questions related to data protection and your rights.
What information is gathered?
When registering, you’re asked to provide the following data (later referred to as profile information):
- Your name.
- Your organisation.
- Your email address.
The information is kept until any request of the data subject for account erasure.
Note: All the information provided by you must be correct. Failure to comply with this requirement can lead to the termination of your account. Moreover, your primary email address must be provided by your current organisation and not by a free email service provider such as Google, Yahoo, or Hotmail. Requests with an improper email address will be rejected without any explanation.
This site is based on WordPress. Therefore, we also track
- The date and time at which an account was created,
- The date and time of the last connection to the NGVA portal for a given account (login/logout date).
Information automatically collected when accessing the Website
Our web server creates a log file with the following non-personally-identifying information that your browser sends on each request:
- Browser type
- Language preference
- HTTP operation
- Date and time of request
Our web server also logs potentially personally-identifying information like
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses
- User name (once you are logged in)
Since Google Maps is used in some posts, additional information may be collected. Please check the Google Terms of Service for a complete list of information collected from using Google services.
Secure Transmission and Storage of Personal Information
We use the https protocol to secure the transmission of your personal information from your web browser to our web server.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft implements technical and organizational security measures to safeguard stored personal data against inadvertent or deliberate manipulation, loss or destruction and against access by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological progress.
How do we use this information?
- We use the information in the logfiles for system security, to protect the integrity of the site in case of attacks, and to analyse the network traffic in case of inproper functioning of the NGVA portal. The IP address is only evaluated in the event of fraudulent access to the network infrastructure.
- The NGVA portal administrators (see below) may use your email address to contact you regarding (mis-) behaviour on our website.
- The NGVA portal administrators may pass profile information to the national governmental NGVA representatives to validate the legitimacy of any registration in suspicious cases.
- We produce statistics on the usage of the NGVA portal (number of users per nation, number of users per organization type, number of guests vs. number of members) and share these statistics with the NGVA community.
- We do not disclose any profile or log file information to other third parties unless imposed by the law.
Who can access your profile information?
Except for the “Home” area, all other areas of the NGVA portal require users to login, but your name and profile information will not be visible to other registered users.
Only natogva.org administrators can see user profiles. Currently, the following persons are administrators of the natogva.org:
- Daniel Ota, Fraunhofer FKIE, daniel.ota (at) fkie.fraunhofer.de
How long do we keep information?
We store server logs for a time period of 30 days.
Profile information is stored until the user requests its deletion by contacting the administrators. If a user is unreachable, because her or his email address has become invalid, we reserve the right to delete the user account and the corresponding profile information.
Notifications & News
The NGVA community uses the NGVA portal to inform registered users on ongoing activities and important updates to NGVA. News are provided online and distributed via email on an irregular basis. We aim at keeping the number of emails low (about one email per month on average).
If you do not wish to get notifications or news, please inform the administrators or, ultimately, unregister.
You can use the NGVA portal without a cookie but if you login, we have to set a session cookie to make it possible for you to navigate the website.
Right to Information and Contact Data
You have a legal right to
- inspect and verify the accuracy of any stored data concerning your person,
- demand their correction,
- withdraw your consent for their further use,
- demand the deletion of personal data,
- receive your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and transfer it to another host,
- bring a claim before your data protection authority.
If you wish to obtain information on your personal data, or want us to correct or erase such data, or if you have any other questions concerning the use of personal data held by us, please contact the administrators.